Terms and Conditions
You are not insured when driving on unformed or unsealed roads.
Customer is responsible for all loss or damage to vehicle.
No roof-racks to be carried on vehicles
State Health Laws prohibit smoking and carrying of animals in Rental Cars, Fines apply.
If vehicle is returned in excessively dirty condition the lessor may impose a cleaning charge no less than $30.
Vehicle not to be used for towing
No extension of the contract is guaranteed.
No expense to be incurred or repairs carried out without the lessors order. At least 48 notice must be given for early returns to ensure refunds of any monies, however refunds will not be given in peak holiday seasons.
PREMIUM / UNLEADED PETROL ONLY TO BE USED IN VEHICLE
Engine oil and coolant must be checked and added if required once every 24 hours
Calls for roadside assistance not relating to either mechanical or electrical faults will be charged to cusstomer (eg: petrol, headlights, keys)
Vehicle must be returned by time and date stipulated in this agreement otherwise customer will be liable to pay costs of the Lessor associated with the late return.
Customer is not covered against overhead or under-body damage.
Your collision damage/liability amount is specified on the rental agreement. An additional liability of $500 applies to drivers between the ages of 18-24 and 70-75 years. In the event of an accident the renter is liable for the excess payable. The Single Vehicle Incident Liability is $2000.
A minimum charge of $55 will be processed on credit card for any speeding or parking fines.
CARS ONLY TO BE DRIVEN IN TASMANIA
RENTAL VEHICLE AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is an Agreement between the prospective hirer identified on Page 1 (you) and the Company identified on page 1 (the Company) to rent the motor vehicles described on page 1 including
all accessories, tools, tyres and equipment and any replacement vehicle (the vehicle).
- VEHICLE CONDITION AND RETURN
The vehicle is delivered to you in good operating condition and with the seal of the odometer unbroken. You agree to return the vehicle in the same condition (except for ordinary
wear and tear NOT INCLUDING WINDSCREEN OR TYRE DAMAGE) together with all tools, tyres, accessories and equipment to the location specified on Page 1 and on the
date there specified (or sooner, if demanded by the Company). The Company may take possession of the vehicle without prior demand and at your expense, if it is illegally parked,
used in violation of the law or of this agreement or if it is apparently abandoned.
Note: The Company must be notified and agree to any extension of the period of hire beyond that stated on Page 1 of the Master Rental Agreement in advance of the return date and time or the
vehicle will be immediately reported as stolen.
- UNAUTHORISED AND PROHIBITED USE
Persons who must not drive the vehicle
- A person who is not identified on page 1 or has not been identified in writing to the Company or approved by the Company in writing.
- A person who is not licensed for that class of vehicle.
- A person whose blood alcohol concentration exceeds the lawful percentage.
- A person who has given or for whom you have given a false name, age, address or driver’s license details.
- A person whose driver’s license has been cancelled, endorsed or suspended within the last three years.
- A person who has held a driver’s license for less than two years.
Circumstances In which and/or for which the vehicle must not be used:
- Outside the area of use limitations shown on page 1.
- On unsealed roads or off road conditions unless authorised by us in writing or on the face of this agreement.
- To carry persons for hire or to carry any inflammable, explosive or corrosive materials.
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer, boat or other object unless the Company has authorised such use in writing.
- To carry any greater load and/or more persons than is lawful or use in a manner or for a purpose other than for which it was designed and constructed.
- For racing, pacemaking, reliability trials, speed trials, hill climbing or being tested in preparation for those purposes.
- In a dangerous manner.
- In contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic or for any illegal purpose.
- FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS
Special Note: Joint hirers and all drivers are jointly and severally responsible under this agreement.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR AND BY ENTERING INTO THE AGREEMENT ON PAGE 1 YOU AUTHORISE THE COMPANY TO DEBIT THE CREDIT CARD/DEPOSIT (and you will pay on demand any balance) WITH THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- All rental charges specified on page 1.
- All charges claimed from the Company in respect of parking or any other traffic violations incurred during the period of hire or until such later time as the vehicle is returned to the
- All loss or damage to the motor vehicle (including loss of use), Third Party Damages, legal expenses, assessment fees, towing and recovery, storage and company service
Special note: If you have paid by use of a credit card or directed the company to bill charges to some other person, corporation, firm or organisation who or which fails to make payment
- Any condition of this agreement, and in particular Condition 2, or any special condition on page 1 has been breached;
- The vehicle is involved in a single vehicle incident
- You have left the vehicle unlocked or left the keys in the vehicle;
- You have not kept the key secure and under your personal control;
- The underbody of the vehicle is damaged regardless of cause when no other vehicle is involved;
- The vehicle is totally or partially immersed in water regardless of cause;
- The interior of the vehicle is damaged regardless of cause when no other vehicle is involved;
- The tyres of the vehicle are damaged other than by normal wear;
- The vehicle is damaged by driving it under or into an object lower than the height of the vehicle;
- You have failed to maintain all fluid and fuel levels or failed to immediately rectify or report to us any defect of which you become aware;
- The vehicle is damaged by loading or unloading, other than normal wear.
- Your failure to secure properly any load or equipment which leads to loss caused by any part of said load or equipment.
when due, you will immediately pay the full amount due to the company on demand.
- DAMAGE COVER
If you act within the terms and conditions of this agreement the Company will grant damage cover (including legal costs incurred with our consent) for your benefit in respect of damages
to the vehicle or third party damage other than to any property owned by you (or any friend, relative, associate or passenger) or in your physical or legal control. This cover is subject to:
- Your payment of the damage/loss liability charge stated on page 1.
- Your not having acted or having caused any other person to have acted in any manner which is in contravention of this agreement including the special conditions on page 1.
- Your not being covered under any policy of insurance.
- Your providing such information and assistance as may be requested and, if necessary, authorising the Company insurer to bring, defend or settle legal proceedings, but the Company
shall have sole conduct of the proceedings.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
You will promptly report any incident involving loss or damage to the vehicle or loss involving the vehicle while rented under this agreement to the Company location where the vehicle
was hired and will deliver to the Company immediately, every summons, complaint or paper in relation to such loss. Compliance with this sub-paragraph does not excuse the hirer
from reporting all incidents to police or other proper authorities.
- You release and hold harmless the Company (and its agents and employees) from all claims for loss or damages to their personal property, or that of any other persons property left
in the vehicle, or which is received, handled or stored by the company at any time before, during or after this rental period, whether due to the Company’s negligence or otherwise.
- Except as provided by law no driver or passengers in the vehicle shall be or deemed to be the agent, servant or employee in any manner for any purpose whatsoever.
- THE COMPANY GIVES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONDITION
OF THE VEHICLE AND EQUIPMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- No right of the Company under this agreement may be waived except in writing by an officer of the Company.
- Words used in this agreement to denote any gender shall include all genders, singular words include the plural and noted on point 1.
The vehicle must be returned with the amount of fuel equal to that at the time of the rental. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel the difference will be charged at a rate which may
include a service component unless prior arrangements have been made and noted on page 1.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS PAGE AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS ON PAGE 1 AND SIGNED IT BEFORE MAKING ANY AGREEMENT TO HIRE ANY VEHICLE.